17 December 2008

When Posts Get Erased

I had a post almost completely written. Like, completely completely written. I accidentally opened a new file without saving the post. Bollocks. Okay, you enjoy the following transcript between me and the Crypto King, and I'll put in a few links and blurbs.

Crypto King: You should go back and watch the first season [of Chuck] on hulu sometime.
The Fly: It's on Hulu? Why didn't I know that?
Crypto King: http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/12/beef_jerky_purse.html?CMP=OTC-0D6B48984890
Crypto King: whoa, beef jerky purse.
The Fly: LOL
The Fly: www.mcphee.com
Crypto King: yeah, chuck's on hulu.
The Fly: Check out the "Meat" category.
Crypto King: They actually aired the season premiere on there before it aired on real tv.
The Fly: Really?
The Fly: That's pretty cool, actually.
The Fly: I watched the entire run of Doogie Howser on there.
The Fly: During which time I learned that Neil Patrick Harris loves weiner.
Crypto King: yeah, are you really surprised?
The Fly: Shocked, actually.
Crypto King: wow
The Fly: Save for the fudge packer at Harris Teeter last night, and the kid behind the photo counter at Target, I don't assume that anyone's gay.
Crypto King: I didn't assume he was gay.
Crypto King: I predicted it.
The Fly: Doesn't look like they have the first season of Chuck available on Hulu.
Crypto King: really? that sucks then.
Crypto King: I thought they did, but since I can't watch it on the tv, I may not have been paying a whole lot of attention.
The Fly: Which would be in keeping with tradition.
Crypto King: indeed.
Crypto King: I'm nothing if not inattentive to the world around me.
The Fly: Which is good, it helps you to stay efficient.
Crypto King: unless it's got boobs or a hard drive, I don't care.
The Fly: Do you mind if I post that? It didn't become hilarious until just then.
Crypto King: sure, go right ahead.
Crypto King: although it occurs to me that my beloved android phone does not have a hard drive nor boobs.
Crypto King: I should have said internet connection. dammit.

And now, the news.

Afghanistan
  • Afghan citizens don't support Taliban negotiations
  • Disgruntled Afghan ex-poppy farmers want roads, ditches that were promised
  • Interviewing Taliban forces
  • Column from Afghan President Hamid Karzai thanking the British people for their sacrifices for Afghanistan

    Middle East
  • Jimmy Carter is a worthless tool
  • Yemeni tribesmen 'seize Germans' (BBC, Guardian)
  • Middle Easterners upset (outraged?) over magazine

    Africa
  • Tuareg rebels deny holding UK envoy

    Lighter Items
  • Enceladus (Saturnian moon) has 'spreading surface' (like the ocean floor)
  • Saturn's moon (Titan) has 'ice volcanoes'
  • Ancient Burial Ritual Identified in Iran - whatever that means
  • Rom-coms 'spoil your love life' (by fostering unrealistic expectations)

    Damn. I wish I hadn't erased that first version. Anyway, check back in tomorrow, and have a great day!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home