30 January 2009

AMF: You Little Wankers

Hey folks! I hope everyone's had a fantastic week. This post will be fairly brief. I'm in the midst of cleaning a lot of extraneous crap out of my childhood bedroom so that my folks can start looking into remodeling it. It hasn't had a major remodel in more than twenty years, and when they did that one they were making it a kids' room. I have a tendency to keep things that don't really need to be kept, and some of the items I've found in here have been fascinating. Just to name a few:

  • college recruitment literature, circa 1999
  • [Generic State University] fraternity recruitment literature, circa Summer 2000
  • Linksys ethernet card, purchased Fall term 2000 (for fraternity life), never installed, still in original shrink wrap
  • four boxes (two hundred rounds) of 9mm ammunition
  • two pistol magazines
  • many, many pieces of ROTC paperwork, including a sheet that likely constituted the only formal orders I ever received

    Needless to say, it's been a trip down memory lane. I'm making slow progress, but slow progress is more than I've been able to accomplish in the nearly three years since I left [Hometown], or any time before. Once I get back to Van Diemen's Station, I want to do a similar process in order to scrape out stuff that I've been carting across the country for three years now. Mrs. Mike Nelson and I have actually discussed the benefits of simplifying one's life, and liquidating crap that you don't need to keep around is a good step in that direction.

    Speaking of Mrs. Mike Nelson, she watches the following video at her own peril - although given her peculiar sense of humor, she might actually appreciate it. Either way, you've all been warned.



    Today's satellite image is F.E. Warren Air Force Base outside Cheyenne, Wyoming.

    I have a few stories to share, but I'm going to save them so that I have something to post on Monday. I hope everyone has an excellent weekend!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home