23 January 2009

AMF: Models and Not Models

It's been an interesting couple of days.

On Tuesday evening, over at the family homestead, I was playing around on Facebook and got a friend request from a girl who I went to high school with. We were in French class together for two years, she was exceptionally shy and quiet, and I think I talked to her a grand total of one single solitary day. As fate and irony would have it, I was flirting with her that day. Yeah, I know. "The Fly, flirting with a girl? I would have never guessed something so critically obvious!" Well, friends, it's true. Anyway, a day or two later, her friend came to me and told me that the girl, whose name from here forward shall be Enigmata, came to me and told me that Enigmata really liked me. Being sixteen, I was, of course, freaked out and never talked to her again. She ended up dating this guy in my neighborhood who was my age and a total toolbag, and although I'd occasionally wonder whatever happened to her, I didn't ever wonder for that long before my mind strayed to more interesting and important topics, like Cheetos or Martin Van Buren.

Anyway, I get this friend request, and the picture of the girl is totally smoking hot. Like, unrecognizably hot - I remembered her as being an almost unhealthily slim girl with a butterface. The girl in the picture looked quite a bit different - as in, cosmetic surgery different. However, being the amicable and curious guy that I am, I got to talking to her through private messages. As it turns out, she was discovered by a modeling scout, has lived in Japan and Naples, is divorced from a Japanese man and has two kids, one of whom resides with her in [College City]. She has a degree in criminal justice, and still travels regularly to do modeling work. I think that there may be some more. Very surprising, but good for her, right?

Well, when I dug deeper into her Facebook profile, I found additional pictures, including this one. After consulting with my fact checker on all things, Mighty Mo, I discovered the peculiar truth: that the profile/"modeling" pictures that she posted are, indeed, images of other people (theoretically real models). I immediately recognized the girl in the green top in the above picture - she's precisely who I remember from French class. Oh, yeah, and did I mention that she wants to have dinner next Friday night?

On the flipside, I also found a girl whom I knew quite well growing up, from kindergarten through graduation, whom we'll call Command Post for the sake of this post. I sent her a message to confirm that she was the same person I remembered, as she looked a bit thinner and a lot blonder than I remembered her being. As it turned out, it was the same person, and once I could look at her profile, I saw that she had a couple of websites - and actually is a model. How strange is that turn of events for the course of about forty-eight hours?

Beyond that, I had drinks with my cousin last night, and saw my other cousin who was over at his house. I wouldn't have guessed when I left for Zoo Station or Van Diemen's Station that I'd end up hanging out with those guys, but they both seem to have turned out pretty well. Today I'm having lunch with my Islamic history professor, and Miss Tina, and who knows what else.

I miss my S350 and FR200. I'm looking forward to listening to them when I get back to Van Diemen's Station. On a related note, I looked up crystal radio yesterday. When I was in college, one of my friends gave me a MiniLab Crystal Radio kit as a gift, and I spent an afternoon assembling it. Mine wasn't anywhere near as good as the one on the box, and it only picked up one station, but I was still amazed that you could do something like that. I think I might send one to Mighty Mo and/or Father Time - Mighty Mo because it would be a good diversion for her and Man Toy, and Father Time because he's been a radio enthusiast since his college days in the early twenties or so. He probably built a ton of them out of old razor blades, chalk, Wrigley's chewing gum, and Lucky Strike cigarette butts that he got in his K-ration packs.

I've added two new blogs to the buddy blogroll: Guns and Eyeshadow and Opened Window. Go check them out and leave some positive comments.

Right then, I probably ought to get working on a few things before I leave the house. Have a great day, folks, and check back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home