02 February 2009

Prologue to Travel Pains

Hey folks! I spent all day yesterday in the air, heading back to the East Coast. From the very beginning, it was painful. When all was said and done, I ended up with four silver linings wrapped around one big black cloud. Kudos to Continental Airlines, who did a yeoman's job (my new favorite phrase, for some reason) of making the best of a bad situation. The Transportation Security Administration, on the other hand, wasn't quite so excellent.

Unfortunately, the end result was a four hour delay in arriving back at Van Diemen's Station, following a five hour delay on my first flight. Since I'm heading back to work today, this left me with slightly less than six hours to sleep, so I'm going to be dragging all day, and I'll probably go to bed fairly soon after finishing work, which I may do early today. As I mentioned to the infamous Lofty Venus via text last night, I think I'm going to be a sort of zombie through about Wednesday night.

In the mean time, have a great Monday, and check back tomorrow. There's a lot to report from yesterday, both travel-related and otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home