24 April 2009

AMF: Nothing but Fun

As promised, I have no news for today - any news can wait until Monday or Tuesday, after I've pissed Father Time off by posting this month's Stuff Fly Wants list. (Don't worry, Foxtrot-Tango - it's revised and improved over last month's list!) So, here are the purely entertaining bits that I've collected for this post, just to help you folks initiate the weekend.

Here are my tentative plans for this weekend.

  • either have a Spy Night or go to the Bier Garden with M@
  • spend all day Saturday watching the Dollars Trilogy - A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
  • write some or all of the conclusion to my article about France, the first installment of which was published by my parallel writing outlet on Tuesday
  • maybe do some HTML coding on this website/archive that I've been working on

    So, I mentioned Spy Night. I've noted those in a couple of older posts in 2008 (link, link), so rather than write about it again, I'll just quote from one of those:

    In college, I set a goal of watching every Bond flick, in order, in a year. During the course of that year, I would have "Spy Night" parties, where my friends and I would barbecue steaks, drink beer, and watch a comedy spy flick (like Johnny English or Spies Like Us), followed by whichever Bond movie I was on in the rotation.

    I don't think that M@ ever actually attended a Spy Night, since we met in Spring of '04 and didn't start hanging out until Autumn of that year, after which I had basically stopped having the parties. However, we both dig spy flicks, and he humors me on stuff, so he suggested it, and if we don't do it this weekend, we'll do it another weekend soon, before he disappears on me in mid-May.

    So, the whole concept of cooking, or just being bored a couple of days ago, reminded me that I've wanted to learn how to cook a few things for a while now. I've mentioned one, maybe two of these before.

  • Sharba Libya - made a Fly version of it several times
  • Rachael Ray's Shepherd's Pie in 30 Minutes - bought stuff to make it, never made it
  • Kurdish dolma - one of my favorite foods, I've only had it twice, it's much better than Greek dolma

    So, I decided today that in addition to other projects that I've been working on lately, and that I have listed for the next couple of months, I want to pick at least one day per month - probably a Saturday - to cook a new dish, even if that's the only time that I cook it. I'll probably start with either the Shepherd's Pie, or with a bona fide attempt at making Sharba Libya correctly. Rest assured, I will document these various attempts as I'm able.

    Assuming that Mighty Mo is paying attention today, this picture is for her. I'm sure she'll love it.

    How much does a man's salary matter to single women? Here's an article from MSN and Match.com that discusses it. In my experience, women are concerned primarily with looks, because I make good money and I'm paid next to no attention by women. I blame feminism. And the French.

    The other day, I was looking online to see if I could find an electronic version of the 1662 edition of the Book of Common Prayer, and I came across a site called Positive Infinity. I'm going to peruse the site a bit more, but it appears that I may share some views with the guy who runs it, and it also appears to have a lot of cool resources pertaining to the Christian faith. If you're interested, go have a look.

    And, finally, the latest installment of one of my favorite web series', Man in the Box.



    I love these videos, because in many of them, and in this one in particular, Greg is living my life.

    Excellent. That's it for AMF, folks! Have a great weekend, and check back on Monday!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home