28 April 2009

Trekkies and Crazy Wang Pills

Hey, folks! I hope that the weekend treated everyone well, and that everyone's week has started off on a high note. Here are a few of the things that I've collected over the last few days.

Some Frenchman thinks that one of the ways to prevent terrorism in Baghdad is to plant trees. Trees? They didn't work on the Champs Elysees...

The Guardian had a couple of interesting bits the other day in reference to the upcoming Star Trek reboot movie. The first that I saw was a Classic Trek fashion pictorial. They also had a pretty decent article on the subject, except that whoever wrote it made a number of mistakes that even I found. Now, I realize that British journalism isn't what it once was, but let's face it: people who care about Star Trek take it more seriously than hippies take cannabis. As such, the "journalist" should have felt compelled to do some real research and verification.

The Crypto King sent me a couple of links on Friday that I absolutely loved: a sort of cartoon reboot of the old G.I. Joe franchise called G.I. Joe: Resolute and an explanatory note by its creator. If you were ever a fan of G.I. Joe, in any incarnation, do yourself a favor and have a look - I was very pleased with what I saw.

Finally, a couple of comedic items. The Onion has a funny article about al Jazeera introducing a 'lighter side' segment on their otherwise horrible news coverage, and Cracked.com has a fantastic pictorial poking fun at the ExtenZe male enhancement commercials - don't worry, it's safe for work. The latter has Mighty Mo's seal of approval.

Today's satellite image is Drumanagh, a site on the Irish coast north of Dublin that I once wrote about in a couple of my university research papers.

That's it for today, folks. Check in tomorrow for more from yours truly, and have a fantastic Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home