23 June 2009

Twenty-Four Pounds of Water

Hey, folks! I was swamped yesterday, but I put together some of the best news stories. Have a look.

Not Iran:
  • Fox: Gitmo detainee may have killed Yemeni hostages
  • Guardian: Blade Runner house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright is falling apart, also for sale
  • Guardian: Space travel: everybody's going to the moon
  • Ingushetian president (it borders Chechnya) survives assassination attempt (CNN, BBC, Guardian, Times) - Interesting in part because in addition to a recent upswing in Chechen violence, a senior minister in Dagestan was shot dead a couple of weeks ago.
  • AFP: NKorea Buys Medical Equipment For Kim: As Bunker Fever Grows
  • BBC: Pakistan's Taliban radio insurgency

    Iran:
  • Guardian: Analysis shows that some official figures of Ahmadinejad's win in Iran are hard to swallow
  • Times: Iran admits 50 cities had more votes than voters
  • Times: Obama 'is being timid and passive' over Iran
  • AP: Powerful Cleric May Be Playing Role in Iran Unrest
  • Michael Totten's guest contributor: It is about Iran, not about America!

    Following up on yesterday's videos today's video is Barra Barra live with Rachid Taha and Brian Eno, one of my favorite songs of all time.



    I'm pretty sure Rachid Taha is drunk in that video.

    Okay, so I've been fairly consistent with my workouts the last couple of weeks, mostly the swimming, but also with the yomps. This week, I'll likely have a buddy yomping with me. Also, I'm going to bump up the amount of weight I'm carrying. Here's what I've been carrying so far:

  • my ALICE pack
  • one two quart canteen
  • two one quart canteens
  • a two liter hydration pack
  • a three liter hydration pack

    My plan is to add one more bladder to that, for a total weight of around thirty pounds (factoring in the ALICE pack and two canteen covers clipped onto it). That's right, I got online, used the converters, and figured out how much it weighed. So... Here goes. So, that's Thursday, and between now and then, copious amounts of swimming.

    Have a great day, folks, and check back in tomorrow.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home