24 June 2009

Video Wednesday

Hey, folks! I was very productive on Monday, and because I wanted to keep the productivity going on Tuesday, this will be short. First, the news.

General News:
  • Human role in big kangaroo demise (BBC, Times) - Humans were responsible for giant kangaroos dying after the last Ice Age? Yeah, sure. Okay.
  • BBC: Egyptians ponder Mubarak successor from military
  • Guardian: Kodak stops manufacting 35mm film
  • BBC: Audio slideshow: Splendour of Saturn
  • Ranger Joe's: Celtic Cross (I think I may order one of these.)

    Afghanistan:
  • UK forces in major Afghan assault (BBC, Times)
  • Times: Villagers revolt against Taleban
  • AFP: Taliban may hit road, rail to disrupt polls: NATO general
  • AFP: Kyrgyzstan should play active role in Afghanistan: France (And apparently Kyrgyzstan has relented to letting the United States keep the Manas air base open after six months of negotiations.)
  • BBC: German troops die in Afghanistan

    Iran:
  • Guardian commentator: Iran: this is not a revolution - Well, this commentator seems to disagree with most of the other commentators out there, so I'll take it with a brick of salt.
  • Iran scrambles to counter student's 'martyrdom' (Times, Guardian)

    Now, in part because I had other things to do last night, and in part because my YouTube subscriptions yielded gold last night (vice the pyrite that they've been yielding for weeks), today is video day. The only video that I couldn't actually embed was How to Make Flapjacks. Now, this isn't pancakes, which are what Americans would refer to as flapjacks. As Katherine (formerly known as The Mirror, also formerly known as The Whore) and I found out early on in the time when we were dating, British flapjacks are much different. Actually, she brought me a flapjack on one of our early dates to show me what one was, and it's one of the nicest things that I can remember her doing for me. Anyway, if you cook, and if you enjoy something sweet, I'd highly recommend watching this How-To. Anyway, that having been said, have a look at these. And gents... Uh... I'm going to be honest, on that last one, it's volume optional.







    Well, weren't those entertaining? Alright, folks, have a great day, and check back tomorrow for more chaos and chicanery from yours truly.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home