14 September 2009

Painful Monday

How are we already halfway through September? Here's the news.

  • CNN: Afghan police find Iranian-made weapons, source says
  • BBC: Turkey approves Kurdish studies
  • Guardian: Intelligence from captured western recruits suggest al-Qaida's terror network is weakening; Al-Qaida faces recruitment crisis, anti-terrorism experts say
  • Times gallery: Defence Systems Equipment international [trade show for military technology]
  • Wired Danger Room: Russian mystery ship suspected of arms shipment to Iran
  • UPI: NIST creates new trace explosives standard - I love NIST. It's one of the few government agencies from which I believe that we actually get our money's worth out of.
  • AFP: Top Obama ally warns of lack of Afghan war support - "Top Obama ally" is Nancy Pelosi. I really, really, really dislike that woman.
  • UPI: Outside View: From London to Kabul
  • Computer World: Opinion: The unspoken truth about managing geeks - Work with geeks? Work in IT? This is a must-read.
  • Just for Fun: Soviet Space Image Catalog
  • Just for Fun: Number Stations: Mysterious Broadcasts

    I got a few things done this weekend.

  • I got the oil changed in the Locust Wind. Instead of going to the dealership, I went to Jiffy Lube, per Mighty Mo's advice. If the Locust Wind explodes, I will find a way to make the Man of Steel a premature widower.
  • I defragmented my hard drive. Between that and running the disk cleanup last week, I went from 9GB free, to 20GB free. Clean livin'.
  • I called in to Verizon Wireless, and when I was done they had changed my plan around and saved me nearly forty bucks a month off my bill. Excellent.

    That's it for today. Check back tomorrow.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home