07 October 2009

Whirlwind

Hey, folks. I've been swamped the last couple of days. Here's a brief run-down of what's been going on.

  • drove from Van Diemen's Station to Arlington on Business on Monday morning
  • conducted business in Arlington on Tuesday afternoon
  • drove to Annapolis, where I met up with Aunt Jo, who let me crash at her place on Monday night
  • went to dinner near the waterfront and went for a short walk around the city with Aunt Jo
  • got up early and went to Arlington National Cemetery to visit and photograph the grave of LCDR Ralph C. Bisz, whose funeral I attended about a year ago
  • drove around the national mall searching for a parking spot so that I could revisit the monuments; alas, no parking was to be found
  • met up with The Van, with whom I went to middle and high school, for lunch - she's even more wonderful than she was back then
  • drove back to VDS
  • did a quick turn-around and went to have dinner, drinks, and cigars at the home of Big Brother Caleb, a buddy from my days in the NROTC unit at [Generic State University]
  • finally got to bed at around 2300

    So, needless to say, I'm running a few minutes behind my normal schedule, and I haven't had an opportunity to so much as touch the news during the course of the last couple of days. I've had a blast, though, and something tells me that the best is yet to come. Anyway, I should be able to have a real post, to include some fun items, scraped together in time to post tomorrow. Thanks for your patience, and for anyone who hadn't seen it on Facebook yet, things went quite well on Monday.

    Take 'er easy, folks - remember, no one is guaranteed a tomorrow.

    UPDATE: Oh, wow. I love Man in the Box.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home