03 January 2005

Chillin'

I apologize for the light posting today; I have a couple of things I might post on later, but for the most part I've been busy today, working four hours down at the office and converting last week's post on the new EU "battle groups" into an article for the independent campus paper.

Right now I'm watching a documentary on Alexander the Greek (in my book, he wasn't so much "great" as he was "Greek"), and I'm once again convinced that there was some cheap documentary-grade Roman armor made about fifteen years ago, and that it's the only armor ever used in documentaries about ancient warfare. Is it so difficult for people to understand that the only Greeks who ever wore Gallic helmets were the ones that served in the Roman army after Greece had been conquered? At least they got the sarissas right, but to see Philip II and Alexander carrying gladii is beyond ridiculous.

More later, if I'm able; tonight's the last night of the Christmas holiday from university, so I'll be making it an early night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home