26 February 2005

Friday Night Recap

Well, I got home, and I've been pretty much sittin' ever since. I've got a number of things to do this weekend; I'm going to be honest, even though I have a couple of things scheduled tomorrow, I'm going to be as low-energy as possible. I've absolutely thrashed, and I don't want a break, I need a break, and I deserve a break after the week I've had. I'm going to start by sleeping in tomorrow morning.

At any rate, I spent the evening the way I've been spending most Friday evenings lately: watching Enterprise and Battlestar Galactica, both of which were fairly good. (The ending on Enterprise was a bit too easy, but whatever.) Galactica started strong, and it's staying strong. The article from TCS that I posted a couple of weeks ago, the one that said that part of the strength of the remake series is that it's focusing on the conflicts of politics, the military, and culture in general? It was right on. Tonight, the episode was about the interrogation of a Cylon infiltrator. I'll have to consider whether or not I think it was a jab at the administration.

I've added a few links over the past couple of days, and a new category for links I'm in the process of evaluating. Tomorrow I'm going to add some more links, things that shouldn't be deemed "time wasters," but also shouldn't be considered periodicals and checked frequently. You'll see what I mean when I've got it all set up.

I'm beat. I've been running ragged since about Tuesday. I'm bringing the dog in, then I'm going to bed.

UPDATE: Just one more thing before I go. I know I've only been doing this for a couple of months, but I must say, it's extremely satisfying to have posted a story before another blogger has, particularly if it's a popular blogger who you respect a lot. It's not a case of one-upmanship; it's a case of knowing that you either A) have talent or B) have too much time on your hands.

G'night, folks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really dont think it was a jab, lok a how Rosllin acted when she got the Cylon inthe cvargo bay... she was more than willing to pop him out the airlock....
, but i think she is starting to loss it, betweenthe cancer drugs teh pressure and her "fear" yes Fear of Adama.

So far it is a damm good show, a lot better than i expected it would be.
Best SciFi on TV right now, since Babylon 5..too.or Farscape.

1:36 PM  
Blogger The King said...

Call me crazy, but I just can't seem to get into Battlestar Galactica. It just doesn't do it for me. As for Enterprise, I think it is a good show. I am more of a fan of TNG and DSP9 though. Plus Stargate SG1 is on at the same time and I am hooked on that show.

2:02 AM  
Blogger The Fly said...

I'm diggin' Galactica and I'm diggin' Enterprise. Star Trek's always been a little preachy, and Enterprise has been really preachy. If you ask me, DS9 was the best; a lot of ass-kicking, not much preaching, strong characters.

I liked Babylon 5 for a long time, but in my mind it was too cliche. The characters seemed, to me at least, to be rather two-dimensional in most cases. I got pretty tired of Sheridan making some climactic, impassioned speech, or whatever.

Anyway.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home