11 February 2005

Messed Up Machine/TCS

This computer's little issues are really getting under my skin, so I'm going to drop these three stories as links. I may comment later.

  • Sufism and the Future of Islam
  • Democracy and Hope in Gaza
  • Hubble, Hubble, Worth the Trouble?

    Rand Simberg (writer of the Hubble article) makes essentially the same point that I've made on several occasions. Hubble's old technology, it's already been extended several times, and there are better ways to spend the money. Simberg points out something that I'd not thought of: the new components that were to be delivered to the Hubble could be used in an entirely new space telescope that would accomplish the same missions that Hubble would have in the next few years, but it would last longer and be composed of cutting edge technology, not an amalgamation of 1980's and 1990's technology with new life gasping into it.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home