15 February 2005

No More Hockey

Tim Meadows is going to be pissed. Now, I'm not a big hockey fan (or a hockey fan in the slightest), but this story allows me to post something very funny.

Norm MacDonald: Well, the NHL strike officially ended Thursday. After some adjustments to the schedule, the regular season started last night, and the playoffs will start tomorrow. And now, with a commentary on the resolution of that hockey strike, is Tim Meadows. Tim?

Tim Meadows: [cheers and applause as the camera pans over to Tim in a suit and tie] Thank you. Well, the hockey strike is over and no one is more relieved than me, Tim Meadows. For a while there, I didn't think I was gonna make it and I'm sure I speak for all African-Americans when I say, "Game on at last! Game on at last! Thank God Almighty, game on at last!" You see, white America had taken everything it could from black people. Our culture, our heritage, our freedom and, finally, with the NHL strike, our ice hockey.

I tell ya, it was weird to walk through the African-American community at night and not hear the sound of "Hockey Night in Canada" coming from every home; or kids saying, "Yo! Yo! He shoots! He scores!" And I couldn't call my brother and say, "Yo, Tyrone, did you see the Whalers last night?" And, echoing the sentiments of the entire African-American community, he would say, "Yo, little brother, the Whalers were fly. The Whalers were fly." So, play on, Pavel Bure. And, skate faster, Jeff Beukeboom. And, cover that net, John Vanbiesbrouck. The African-American community and Tim Meadows are watching. Back to you, Norm. [cheers and applause]

Norm MacDonald: Thank you. Tim Meadows! Thanks, Tim.

You know, I really love Saturday Night Live, which is to say I love the old episodes, before it started sucking again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home