21 March 2005

Spring Break? Yeah Right!

Here's the scoop, folks.

The big news today is that Congress and President Bush have federalized the legal proceedings in the Schiavo case, thus demonstrating that ten independent, consecutive Florida state legal proceedings aren't important enough to leave a state's rights intact. I've made my point in a previous post, though watching the extensive Fox News coverage has brought more information to light. I'd heard rumblings that Mrs. Schiavo has no cerebral cortex, and that was confirmed today; apparently her condition caused her cerebral cortex to liquefy more than a decade ago. Whoever the talking head was, they said that it means she is not conscious and feels nothing; it also reiterates the fact that there is no hope whatsoever of her making a recovery. It's still an unfortunate situation, but I stand by my earlier statement: based on what I, a university student on the other side of the country, have heard, I think it's time for her blood relatives to let her go.

I'm in the lab once again, listening to the last parts (twenty-five through thirty of thirty) of the Quran. Once I've finished it and gotten my notes turned in, I'll be doing an online writing exercise as part of my job application process. Basically, I don't have time to go through the news just yet, though I'll try to do a roundup tonight.

Bored? Go download some Nintendo games or watch some funny video clips. Want to read something? Go read about why people who doubt that the moon landing ever happened are ignorant stooges.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home