30 May 2005

The Fellowship of Overrated Actors

Okay, so there's basically shite on the telly tonight. I blame the Indy 500. No Simpsons, no King of the Hill, not even family guy. After The Transporter was The Sum of All Fears; we've got it on DVD, so I elected to skip it. The next best thing is Pretty Woman, which I've not seen all the way through before. It features two of the most overrated screen personalities ever: Julia "I look like Akhenaton" Roberts, and Jason "I'm an annoying fatass" Alexander.

It also stars Richard Gere, who's a decent enough actor, but a noted celebrity asshat.

I'm working on the paper. I don't know what I'll get accomplished tonight, but I can stay up pretty much indefinitely.

I'm overcome by how intolerably common Julia Roberts is in this movie. There is nothing special about her, and perhaps that's the part that she's trying to act, but it just comes off as tacky and overdone. How Richard Gere's character, a suave bloke like myself, can take any interest in her is beyond me.

I'm not impressed. This film, like the actors who "starred" in it, is highly overrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home