17 May 2005

Trek Twilight

I posted a few days ago regarding the last episode of Star Trek: Enterprise. There's a pretty good article over at Tech Central Station, and the author links to a curmudgeonly piece by obviously-bitter Orson Scott Card.

My question for you, folks, is this: how long do you think they'll actually go before Star Trek is resurrected? If I were Paramount/Viacom/whatever the hell they are this week, I'd sack Rick Berman and Michael Pillar and bring in some decent writers. It's no secret that Star Trek is worth (m/b)illions of dollars, whatever the incarnation. One needs to go no further than this webpage to understand how obsessive the fan base is.

Since my predictions have been so good in the last couple of weeks, I'm going to issue, boldly, a prediction. I predict that Star Trek will return to television within three years; further, I wonder if they didn't eliminate Star Trek: Enterprise with some sort of contingency plan already in mind.

Y'all are science fiction enthusiasts. What do you think? Post it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home