24 June 2005

Fly, Not Elephant

I was all set to hit the gym and do a little running today, and cut out of that a bit early if my legs weren't up for the same running regimen I subjected them to on Wednesday. I even took my book so that I could hit the stationary bike in case of extensive leg fatigue.

Only one problem: I forgot a PT shirt. As comfortable as I am in UDT trunks, athletic shorts, and shoes, such an outfit is generally frowned upon when one is using public equipment. The solution? Twenty minute in the pool, followed by stretching. My legs feel okay; at this point, I've got the fatigue and dull pain that you actually enjoy.

That's why I'm the Fly, and not the Elephant: sometimes I forget things.

One thing I've been intending to mention is the remarkable similarity of some elements of languages, even if they're in different language groups. For example, I'm familiar with two language groups: Indo-European (English, German, French, Latin) and Semitic (Hebrew, Arabic). All of these use variants of the original alphabet, which was developed and exported by the Phoenicians. It's simply amazing how versatile and durable this system has been.

More on that later. Back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home