27 June 2005

I Can't Translate Portuguese

Yeah, Pearl Jam consists of a bunch of liberal asshats with no clue about anything. After they released Binaural (great album, by the way), they went on a really huge world tour. Every single concert was recorded, and they released them as double compact disc sets. I doubt anyone bought all of them, but I bought three (this being while I was working at the CD store). From the European tour I purchased the Lisbon and Salzburg shows, and from the American tour I purchased the Cincinnati show.

The one I listen to most often (which is to say, "at all") is the Lisbon show, and during one of the interludes between songs Eddie Vedder talks about how friendly the Portuguese people were. He mentions a word, and I'm not sure how it's spelled, but it sounds something like "hoobiejesus", and it means "meeting new people".

One of the great things about blogging has been that I've had the opportunity to meet some great folks. Tonight I got to chat on Instant Messenger with two of them: The Wife and Sara, a couple of friendly Texan ladies with great senses of humor. Anyone who reads TSTF (how many times can I use that acronym in one week, I wonder?) knows that I love comedy, and I love being mad about political stuff. I've got Billy D, Lycan, Bane, Harley, King Sipidation, and The Mad Alchemist for getting pisses, so it's nice to have the ladies (plus April, Sarah Canuck, and Fyffe for Fighting) to help me enjoy comedy.

G'night, folks, have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home