17 September 2005

International Elections

Here's a BBC News update on the German elections. It appears that Angela Merkel is going to win, though there's some question as to how decisive the win will be. As far as I'm concerned, getting Gerhard Schroeder and the liberal democrats out and reestablishing some order and accountability is the most crucial element of these elections.

We'll see what happens. Election's tomorrow, and I'll carry the results as they come in.

Afghanistan is also holding elections tomorrow, and I'll carry those results as well. Some of you may remember a few months ago, when Australia deployed additional SAS forces to help reinforce existing garrisons there. I believe that other nations, possibly even the French, reinforced their garrisons as well. It's still a rough place, but it's on the road to prosperity.

In New Zealand, the ruling labour party scored a narrow win.

And I don't belief that I reported yet on the Japanese elections. Folks must be pretty secure with Junichiro Koizumi's plans to privatize the Japanese post office, and they may even support the Japanese government's deployment of Japanese troops to Iraq. Why do I say this? Because Koizumi kicked ass and took names in Japanese elections last week. Congratulations to Koizumi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home