24 September 2005

The "K" is for "Komedy"

No, this isn't a post about a bunch of dumbass white supremacists.

One of my buddies, who I've spoken of several times here at TSTF (he's even commented), is Friar Dave. Friar Dave is a grad student studying medieval Europe at a prominent Generic University somewhere in the Midwest. Every now and again, when he's grading essays, he'll give me the highlights. Having done some grading myself, I know how completely asinine answers can be. Here's the latest.

Friar Dave: so its grading time
Friar Dave: my FIRST essay:
The Fly: Hahhaaha
The Fly: I'm laughing already.
Friar Dave: ""to conclude was the early middle ages a time of darkness? Technically, yes, due to the absense of electriicity"
The Fly: HA!
The Fly: Great answer!
The Fly: AHAHAHAHAHA!
Friar Dave: who puts that in a written assignment?
The Fly: I've done worse.
The Fly: One time in an essay on military history, I said that American soldiers in the Old Northwest entertained themselves by telling filthy pirate stories.
The Fly: Hypothetical, of course.
Friar Dave: the question's deals with the years 500 to 1000 and he spent over half of it talking about the Empire
The Fly: ROFL
The Fly: Holy Roman?
Friar Dave: just Roman
The Fly: I figured.
Friar Dave: Caeasar, Octavian, Aurelius, Diocletian and Constantine
The Fly: Hahahahaha
The Fly: THat makes my day.
Friar Dave: good
Friar Dave: i hoped you would enjoy it
Friar Dave: unfortunately, i have to give a very low grade to my first essaqy of the year
Friar Dave: not once is Roman capitalized
The Fly: Wow.
The Fly: An omen of things to come?
Friar Dave: i sure hope not

For those of you who are unaware, the Roman Empire died prior to 510 AD, so it has essentially no bearing on the actual assignment. Here's more.

Friar Dave: i dont know how good these are, but here ya go (both from one essay)
Friar Dave: "After Rome, the barbarian tribes no longer had any authorities trying to prevent them from taking land away from Rome as there was no longer a Rome" -- to which i said "city or empire" as there was clearly still a city
The Fly: Okay.
The Fly: LOL
Friar Dave: and later the blood feud was "retired" and replaced with the wergeld
The Fly: Which i know nothing about.
The Fly: Why's that funny?
Friar Dave: so what? the practice of blood feud just packed up its bags and said, "eh, i'mtoo old for this kind of thing"
Friar Dave: retired?
The Fly: Okay.
The Fly: LOL
Friar Dave: just a bad word choice

I am a nerd. King of the nerds, in fact. More later; I think I've still got the highlights in an... Nope, nevermind, that's on the other computer. Bollocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home