29 September 2005

Pump Up the Jam

I have to head to work this morning, since Company Ink and I didn't get things totally squared away yesterday. (Longhorn Wife, if you say a word, I will smite you.) Anyway, a few words about last night.

Dark Horse Sandal Man and I had planned to get together after I got done with work last night, which required a drive to College City. I haven't had occasion to drive much lately, so I haven't been too adversely affected by the spike in gas prices; even so, I try to drive only when I need to, which means no pleasure jaunts for the most part.

I got off work late last night; I usually finish at a couple minutes after 20:00, but the folks who were in didn't leave until after 20:00, and once most of them were gone, the primary client, who had been there since before I'd arrived at the office around 16:55, chose that time to come in and conduct business. Between her late departure and having to change into pub clothes, I didn't get out of the office until just before 20:30.

I finally got on the road and, per our agreement, I called DHSM to let him know I'd finished with work. No answer, full voicemail box. Not good. I called ahead to the pub to order some fettucine alfredo, and kept trying DHSM. I got to the pub, looked around a couple of times, but failed to discover DHSM. I had them box up my fettucine, and I went home after a brief convo with a guy I went to high school with, who looked like a filthy, dirty hippy; if my mate doesn't show up at 20:50, I don't stick around. I went back to work to finish up a project, then went home.

Eventually, right before I went to bed, DHSM called and apologized, and said he'd buy me a beer next time we went out and tell me the story of what happened. I was pissed off, but I can be appeased with Guinness. DHSM is getting fairly difficult to get a hold of, and I tend to blame his new girlfriend, but whatever; you stand by your mates, even if they flake out on you. I value credibility and reliability, but I value loyalty more.

Today will be a better day. I won't give it a choice in the matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home