22 October 2005

A Psalm of Indifference

What do you feel when you feel nothing at all?

Don't move, don't talk out of time
Don't think, don't worry, everything's just fine
Just fine

Don't grab, don't clutch, don't hope for too much
Don't breathe, don't achieve or grieve without leave

Don't check, just balance on the fence
Don't answer, don't ask
Don't try and make sense

Don't whisper, don't talk, don't run if you can walk
Don't cheat, compete, don't miss the one beat

Don't travel by train, don't eat, don't spill
Don't piss in the drain, don't make a will

Don't fill out any form, don't compensate
Don't cower, don't crawl, don't come around late
Don't hover at the gate

Don't take it on board, don't fall on your sword
Just play another chord, if you feel you're getting bored

It's like... I feel numb, I feel numb
Too much is not enough, I feel numb

Don't change your brand / Gimme what you got
Don't listen to the band, don't ape / Gimme what I don't get
Don't gape, don't change your shape / Gimme some more
Have another grape / Too much is not enough

I feel numb

Gimme some more, a piece of me, baby

I feel numb

Don't plead, don't bridle / Some more
Don't shackle, don't grind / Gimme some more
Don't curve, don't swerve / I feel numb
Lie, die, serve / Gimme some more

Don't theorize, realise, polarise / I feel numb
Chance, dance, dismiss, apologise / Gimme what you got
Gimme what you got / too much is not enough, oh yeah

I feel numb

Don't spy, don't lie, don't try, imply
Detain, explain, start again / I feel numb

I feel numb

Don't triumph, don't coax, don't cling, don't hoax
Don't freak, peak, don't leak, don't speak / I feel numb

I feel numb

Don't project, don't connect, protect
Don't expect, suggest

I feel numb

Don't project, don't connect, protect
Don't expect, suggest

I feel numb

Don't struggle, don't jerk, don't collar, don't work
Don't wish, don't fish, don't teach, don't reach

I feel numb, too much is not enough

Don't borrow, don't break / I feel numb
Don't fence, don't steal, don't pass, don't press
Don't try, don't feel / Gimme some more

Don't touch / I feel numb
Don't dive, don't suffer, don't rhyme
Don't fantasize, don't arise, don't die

I feel numb

Don't project, don't connect, protect / I feel numb
Don't expect, suggest

Don't project, don't connect, protect / I feel numb
Don't expect, suggest

I feel numb
- The Prime Cardinal

It's the ultimate frustration when too much is not enough.

Oh, and by the way... Lycan, yes you can have interns, but you gotta share the wealth, mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home