21 October 2005

When the Sky Falls, Get Thankful

Remember this? Well, it's been a rough week, between the end of a two year involvement with Fyffe for Fighting (F3), dipping below my planned budget for the month (temporarily, I assure you), and seeing Dark Horse Sandal Man, the last holdout in College City from my year group, move back to Metropolis. Aside from a couple of solid working days earlier this week, I feel like I've been spinning my wheels a bit lately. What does Fly do when he feels like moving to Orkney, digging a hole, and living in it like a hobbit? He makes a list of the things he's thankful for.

1. I'm thankful that I've watched eight episodes of Sports Night and the second season premiere of MI-5 since yesterday morning, and I'll be watching the next episode of the latter (starring Alexander Siddig, Deep Space Nine's "Dr. Julian Bashir") by the end of the day, in addition to a rerun of Battlestar Galactica.
2. Before taxes, I'll make a minimum of $274 this week. It's not spectacular, but it will be money well saved, and a great complement to the rest of my paycheck, so I'm more than happy with it; for money, I'm thankful.
3. I'm thankful that oil prices have inched below $60 a barrel, and appear to be slowly dropping. Let's hope it continues.
4. I'm thankful that I've got sneaky pete keeping me accountable to do my daily scripture readings. Really, I'm thankful for sneaky pete in general.
5. I'm thankful for specific friends: Sarah Canuck, April, and Dark Horse Sandal Man, and Paje-e. I'm also thankful that various other individuals, F3 being the most notable, have shown their level of dedication; I won't rule out reconciliation, but the load is now lighter, and I can deal with that.

Just for the hell of it, here's a couple more.

6. I'm thankful for this, this, this, this, and this, all of which I acquired this week. I'm also thankful that this is being released.
7. I'm thankful for my job opportunity with NASA History, and I'm thankful that I have a standing offer in England in case nothing else pans out.
8. I'm thankful for Medved.
9. I'm thankful for Guinness. It's delicious.
10. I'm thankful for Leatherman tools, made and invented in America (take that, Victorinox!), high quality, highly versatile.

If you're still reading this, I'm The Fly alongside Lycan Thrope, you're reading Thus Saith the Fly on Blogger. Stay with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home