25 November 2005

Changing the Blurb

Those of you who have been around for quite a while know that things here at TSTF don't change very often. For example, the blurb right below the title has been the same since the blog started. (I've even been criticized for it!) The photograph to your right has only been changed once, the profile has been updated, as opposed to changed, once or twice. Well, I'm thinking it may be time to change the blurb, particularly when you consider that I'm doing very little political or philosophical commentary these days. The current blurb reads:

The Fly provides political, national defense, philosophical, and personal commentary. If anyone actually read it, it would be the cure for ignorance in our generation.

I'll almost certainly go with something from the extensive catalogue of U2 lyrics. Here are a few options. The first one comes from the Zooropa album, 1993, and it's from the song that Johnny Cash performed with U2, titled The Wanderer.

I went out there, in search of experience; to taste and to touch, and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents.

The second option is from the song that lends its name to this blog, The Fly, from the 1991 album Achtung Baby; for the record, rock reached its peak at the release of Achtung Baby, and it hasn't been as good since.

A man will rise, a man will fall, from the sheer face of love, like a Fly on a wall. It's no secret at all.

A third option comes from the 1987 album The Joshua Tree, regarded incorrectly by many as U2's greatest work. The song? I Trip Through Your Wires.

Angel, angel or devil? I was thirsty, and you wet my lips. You, I'm waiting for you. You, you set my desire, I trip through your wires.

The fourth and final suggestion is from U2's latest album; or rather, it's a B-Side from the deluxe edition of U2's latest album. From How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, the blurb candidate comes from Fast Cars.

Don't you worry 'bout your mind; you should worry about the day, that the pain it goes away. You know, I miss mine sometimes.

If you have an alternate suggestion I will, of course, entertain it. Suggestions and/or votes are greatly appreciated. Give me your input.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home