17 December 2005

The Fly Quiz: Solutions

Here are my answers to the Fly Quiz. For those of you who actually gave it a go, not bad! For those of you who didn't, shame on you!

Name my top three favorite non-U2 bands: Chris Isaak, Spin Doctors, Proclaimers

Name four of my six favorite television programs: SNL, South Park, Simpsons, Battlestar Galactica, MI-5, Sports Night, and you could have also said Space: Above and Beyond which would have made it seven

Name at least two of my favorite films: Gladiator, American Beauty, Gattaca, and I think there are some more

Name three of my hobbies: Shooting, reading, writing, painting pottery, photography, travel

What industry do I work in currently?: funeral industry

Describe my university education: B.S. in History with a minor Naval Science

Name three of my favorite books: Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein, Agricola by Tacitus, The Gallic Wars by Julius Caesar, How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill, The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

Name three of my ex-girlfriends: There were a lot of these. The ones I was expecting included Magdalena, Abigail, The Mirror, Mudflap, F3, SuzAnne, and Cassie. I will also accept "The Older One" and Fat Jessica. Of course, of all of them, only The Mirror and Mudflap were actual girlfriends; the rest were just girls that I dated. And I don't count Christy, so Friar Dave doesn't get his point on that one.

Who did I want to be the next James Bond?: I forget who I actually said; I thought I'd wanted Matthew MacFadyen, but I think my top choice may have actually been Jude Law, so I'll give April the point on that one.

Name the foreign countries I've visited: England, Italy, Germany, France, Ireland, Scotland, Canada, Mexico

Name four people on the blog who I know in person: There were a number of these, some of whom I forgot. I think the closest thing to a comprehensive list I can get to follows: April, M@, Father Time, Mormon Buddha, Ariadne, Anna, Anachronism, Friar Dave, and there's probably some more.

What do I listen to when relaxing or going to sleep?: When I'm relaxing or going to sleep, I listen to Gregorian chant; on occasion, I'll listen to old U2 (either of their first two albums) but it's usually Gregorian chant.

What are my three favorite beverages?: There was some level of difficulty on this question; my favorite hot beverage is tea, my favorite alcoholic beverage is Guinness Stout, and my favorite soft drink is root beer. I also would have accepted vanilla milkshake or water.

So, there you have it. Another day accomplished here on the blog. What do you think: time to get a job?

UPDATE: April will not relent until I announce that she is the winner of the Fly Quiz. April won. She got everything right. She is excellent and most awesome.

Back to working on my cover letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home