01 January 2006

2005 Ends... Finally

What a difference a year makes. This post will actually register as my first of 2006, because I have it set to Greenwich Mean Time; however, as I live in the Pacific time zone, I'm actually writing this a few minutes before midnight, 31st December 2005.

I'm ready for 2005 to be over. I've been ready for 2005 to be over since October or so. I'm not going to be the whiney negative nelly that Lee was at the end of 2004; I'm just going to say that 2005 did not live up to my expectations, and I look forward to 2006 because 2005 set the bar so low, that 2006 has nowhere to go but up.

And, as a final note, I finished The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien about fifteen minutes ago. It was, by far, the weakest of the three books, just like the movie was the weakest (and longest, very unnecessarily) of the three films. Tomorrow I start another book probably something focusing on my professional development. As I mentioned before, one of my resolutions for the new year is to read one book for recreation and one book for professional development each month.

Bring on 2006! Happy new year, folks! More coming up once I've got a few hours of sleep behind me.

UPDATE: Just for kicks, any input on what I should read next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home