01 January 2006

Life Imitates Art

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted this article from The Onion? Well, you can imagine my shock when I saw this article after logging out of my Yahoo(!) E-Mail. The headline on Yahoo(!)'s frontpage, which reads a bit more grim than the actual article? "Bono: Poverty campaign work almost split U2."

Not surprising; you get the picture, even as far back as the Rattle and Hum movie, that when Bono went off on one of his rants about El Salvador, or Northern Ireland, or Africa, the other three just sort of space out. In fact, they even poked fun at it in an episode of The Simpsons (Trash of the Titans)...

*Bono talking to Homer*
The Edge (to Larry): Oh here we go again. What do you say we slip out to Moe's for a pint?
Adam: Can I come?
*The Edge and Larry Exchange glances*
Edge: No.
Adam: Wankers. *whistles and tunes his bass*

So... Yeah. Pretty much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home