28 February 2006

Hey Hey Hey, it's Faaaaaat Tuesday!

Couple of things.

First, I was accused yesterday of aiming a strategic line in the Fly Report at a regular reader of this blog. I was accused of "lyrical jabs". I want to make it abundantly clear: this blog is for me. It's mine. I don't have a team of bloggers, I don't have co-authors. I write and post what I feel and what's running through my head; sometimes it's coherent, sometimes it's not. If I'm going to use this blog as a tool of literary warfare, I'm going to make it abundantly clear; and if I'm going to use this blog for the benefit of others, I'm going to make that abundantly clear as well. From conversations with CCG to Sports Night blurbs to U2 lyrics, I post what I want, when I want, for my own benefit. If anyone takes anything I post as a jab against them, particularly when no context is offered to clarify it, that's paranoia, plain and simple. To the person who confronted me about this issue, I can offer only my regrets for that misinterpretation on their part; I have done nothing wrong, and can not apologize accordingly.

Last night I had dinner with Mormon Buddha and his lovely wife. She made chicken enchiladas that featured an ingredient I'd never had in an enchilada before: corn. It was outstanding. For my part, I brought two pies (peach and apple) purchased from the local supermarket, as well as a bottle of sparkling cider since Mormons don't drink Guinness. We talked a lot of philosophy, touched on some topics surrounding wealth, poverty, and race, and finished the night discussing the finer points of Biblical accuracy and translation. The yang dividend of the evening was that I didn't get home 'til 12:30, and woke up around 07:30 (my alarms were set for 08:15) and got out of bed at 07:50. I'm going to be very happy to enjoy a nice cup of tea this morning... And the leftover chicken enchiladas they sent home with me.

Today I'm headed to College City. I've got a 10:00 tea appointment with a prof, and a 12:30 lunch appointment with a friend. Luckily, today is Reader Question Day. Leave your questions for the Fly, on everything from Simpsons trivia ("Hey Marge, didn't we used to make out to this hymn?") to ancient history (Cato was not a philosopher; he was a Roman statesman, and it's more likely that he wore army sandals than combat boots, given the location of the campaigns he fought in.) to particle physics (An atom of anti-hydrogen contains a neutron, an anti-proton, and a positron). When I'm back around 14:00, I'll get around to answering them.

Thus saith the Fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home