26 March 2006

Another Note about Centaurs

A few days ago I made that post about the centaur, and then exchanged its position with another post. Apparently, in the shuffle, I lost one of the paragraphs about the centaur, and that is this: if you encounter a centaur, do not challenge it. The only bloggers I know of who are tough enough to take on a centaur are myself, Lycan, Bane, and Black Five. Hell, Father Time would probably wet his pants if he ever saw a centaur, though that would probably be more a function of age and incontinence than fear.

Of course, he'd be joined in his moisturized state by Poosh and Friar Dave, who would have no excuse...

UPDATE: This just in from Friar Dave:

Friar Dave: Careful. Any closer and I'll direct my "moisturizing" in your direction.

And how!

UPDATE: Okay, the entire conversation with the good Friar is worth reading, and I have his blessing to post it.

Friar Dave: Careful. Any closer and I'll direct my "moisturizing" in your direction.
The Fly: ROFL
The Fly: Posted.
Friar Dave: having a very broad knowledge of Graeco-Roman myth as well as the world of Narnia (about the only places you can find Centaurs anymore) I thin I could hold my own
The Fly: Friar, how much do you weigh?
Friar Dave: 165
Friar Dave: yeah, yeah, i know.
Friar Dave: a centaur's like a ton
The Fly: Do you have any experience whatsoever in any kind of combat, be it rifle marksmanship, sword fighting, archery, or even Judo?
Friar Dave: I do not. There are other ways around a Centaur, however
The Fly: Around a centaur? I said take on a centaur.
The Fly: For example, in my story, I jumped on a centaur's back and beat it senseless with an iron club.
Friar Dave: *thinks*
The Fly: You'd have been thrown, whether by the horse half or the man half, through the nearest shop window, tree, or brothel.
Friar Dave: The brothel might not be so bad...
The Fly: On second thought, maybe you should take on a centaur. And lure it near a brothel. That way it can get you into a brothel, and then, when I've smited it, I can join you. You can get sympathy sex, and I can get hero sex.
The Fly: LOL
The Fly: Great minds think alike.
Friar Dave: but, i maintain, that fighting isnt the only way. If you have to be literal, yes, I would probably lose "taking on" a Centaur
Friar Dave: Confronting a Centaur would be a different story
The Fly: How could you successfully "confront" a centaur?
Friar Dave: There are ways. I can think of two off hand.
The Fly: And I asked you what they are.
Friar Dave: A) There is the Man-half. While mostly martial, these are rational beasts as well. Convince it you're on the same side and all is well
Friar Dave: B) Centaurs are creatures of Bacchus. Give it some wine, send it into the brothel, and be on your way
The Fly: What if you're not on the same side? What if it wears a beret and mustache and answers to the name "Saddam Centaur"?
The Fly: ROFL
The Fly: Didn't you read the "Dirty Centaur" link, Dave? You'd have to send it to a stable, not a brothel.
Friar Dave: I didnt read it....um
Friar Dave: But I imagine there are ways around these things
The Fly: http://snltranscripts.jt.org/00/00tcentaur.phtml
The Fly: There are two words you have to keep in mind, Dave: horse penis.
Friar Dave: i know, i know
The Fly: You should read the transcript, won't take you that long, very funny, especially if you can figure Walken giving the lines.
Friar Dave: wow

This is even better than a debate about who would win in a fight, pirates or vampires!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home