06 March 2006

The Epic of Bo Pi: Chapter I

1 Drosophilus' Epic of Bo Pi

Bo Pi
2 I demand that he delight in my beauty. I demand that he revel in me.
3 I require that he write of my wonder. I require that he demonstrate his adoration of me in words, for all to rejoice in.
4 Let him rejoice in me, and shout my accolades from the rooftops, from the highest mountain.

Friends
We rejoice and delight in you, as your champion does.

Bo Pi
How right they are to adore me!
5 Brilliant am I, and lovely; brilliant like the stars, like the face of Drosophilus.
6 Do not stare at me because I am bright, because my face reflects the sun. I have chosen the path of a laborious woman, and I require that he show me the respect I am due.
7 Tell me, Drosophilus, where you endure and challenge yourself at midday. Why should I be like a veiled woman beside your friends, neglected and ignored?

Friends
8 If you do not know, most beautiful of women, follow the trail of your champion.

Drosophilus
9 I liken you, my beloved, to a siren whose basest whisper leaves me paralyzed.
10 You adorn your cheeks with earrings, your neck with strings of jewels, and earrings of gold, studded with silver.
11 They merely profane your beauty; their brilliance can do nothing but reflect your own, they are imposters.

Bo Pi
12 While Drosophilus was at his table, my perfume spread its fragrance.
13 I require that he be captivated completely by me; in sight and sound and smell.
14 Drosophilus is to me a prize, a pillar on which to build. Drosophilus is a rocky cliff, coarse and unforgiving, but enduring.

Drosophilus
15 Your beauty is a wonder to me; your eyes are an intoxicating sight, locking me in an unyielding embrace.

Bo Pi
16 How correct you are, Drosophilus! Oh, your enduring charm knows no limit!

Drosophilus
17 I await the day in which my efforts soften your stand, beloved. I seek the day in which you relent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home