07 April 2006

Posters

Obviously, this whole process has led me to do something I'd been dreading for years: cleaning out all the crap that my room has collected over the last few years. I'll likely be binning quite a bit, including things like model kits assembled when I was in high school, promotional flats from my time at the record store, a Seattle Mariners baseball on which the two lame signatures (base coaches or something) have long since faded away in the sun, and many, many other things.

One of my projects for today is going through my posters. I want to have some things to put up on my walls in the apartment, but I'm not going to cart all of my stuff down there. In fact, there are a few posters that could probably stand to find new homes, or go into the trash. Here are a few examples.

  • Aerosmith: A Little South of Sanity (2) - I got these when I worked at the record store my first year of college. They never got put up in my room. Interestingly enough, I bought the album for this girl who I was trying to get to go to my senior prom with me. She turned me down, and said that she felt bad about taking the CD, and wanted to get it back; I've long since let that one go, since that was Spring of 2000 and I pretty much never heard from her again.
  • dc Talk - I bought this on the Supernatural Tour, circa 1999, when the band was in Metropolis. It was up on my ceiling for a few years, then I took it down.
  • Audio Adrenaline - I bought this one on the Zombie tour, Spring Break 1998, at the age of fifteen. It was up on my ceiling with the dc Talk poster.
  • Mission: Impossible II - The son of one of my co-workers worked at the movie theater, and figured I'd like this poster, so he got it for me. I have no idea why. It was never once on my wall, and now that I'm convinced that Tom Cruise is bat shit crazy, I'd love to unload it.

    See anythig you're interested in? You pay shipping, I send the poster. It's as simple as that.

    So, I'll wind up down in Barstow with several posters worth putting up. Some of these include:

  • All of U2's album covers up until 2000, a gift from Gus and Saint Jen
  • Rockets of the World, purchased at Kennedy Space Center in August of 1996
  • The Earth from Space, one of the day, one of the night
  • "A Bold Bluff" (Dogs Playing Poker by Cassius Coolidge)

    You know what? Once I get my first paycheck, I should get a Guinness poster.

    I am going to have the coolest bachelor pad ever.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home