11 January 2007

2007: Resolved

In the end, I wasn't able to come up with any resolutions for 2007 beyond what I had already established prior to New Years Eve. So, about ten days late, here is the list of things that this particular Super Fly wants to accomplish this year.

  • Complete the BUD/S Warning Order Workout
  • Read at least twenty books - ten for leisure, ten for professional development
  • Embark on one photographic expedition every other month

    I think I've had that first item on my list of resolutions for, like, the past five years or so. Maybe this will be my year. I keep both a list of my annual goals and a list of my life goals, so at this point my life goals are as follows:

  • See Pompeii, Libya, Skellig Michael, and a U2 concert
  • Revisit Orkney, Wyoming, and Washington D.C.
  • Live in the United Kingdom again (temporarily, not permanently)
  • Write a book, and get it published
  • Get a master's degree in Military History, International Relations, Counterterrorism, or Geography
  • Learn Latin, French, German, Irish Gaelic, and Arabic
  • Complete the BUD/S Warning Order Workout and run a ten kilometer race
  • Have retirement homes in Orkney and Wyoming
  • Read the Talmud
  • Kill a wild boar
  • Save the world

    There was one additional item on the list that I decided to take off: become a husband and father. I wouldn't say that this is no longer one of my goals, but I decided that a list like this required items that were entirely under my control. As far as I'm concerned, my capacity to get married is something that I have oly partial control over; and although I'm physically able to procreate without getting married, that's not something I plan to do.

    So, there you have it, folks. Just out of curiosity, has anyone already either broken their resolution(s), or completed it/them?
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home