23 August 2007

The Savage Nation

Hey folks! One quick note this morning: I reached another shortwave radio milestone last night. After literally "listening" to every bolt of lightning crackle on shortwave during a Tuesday night electrical storm, I fired up the Grundig FR 200 again last night. After a whole lot of nothing (most of it in Spanish!), I stumbled across the Voice of the Islamic Republic for the first time.

It was mostly propaganda, of course; Attorney General Gonzalez under indictment, trapped miners in Utah, US occupation forces failing in Iraq, people being "martyred" in "Palestine". The major take-away, though, is that it's a signal that I was never able to pick up in California, so I was really excited to pick it up here; and I'm guessing my good friend Father Time probably hasn't been able to get it back in Hometown, so I'm sure he'll be impressed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home