19 August 2007

Dominion Fly: One Month On

I've finally downloaded music for my Sansa Connect mp3 player. I think I spent about fifty bucks; a lot, but I had the money to spare, and what's the point of spending so much money on a gadget if you can't actually use it? Although I'm not extremely impressed with the selection offered by Yahoo(!) Music, their selection was sufficient to allow me to get some decent stuff; a number of U2 songs, some Chris Isaak, a couple of Proclaimers songs, some stuff by the Spin Doctors - the essentials.

A side note: Amazon has the same item I bought at Circuit City listed for almost half what I paid for it. That makes my skin crawl. Folks like Father Time and Mighty Mo know how frugal I am, and how much I love getting a good deal on things.

There are a few more items I wanted to touch on.

A few days ago I answered my "big sister" Mo's challenge to give a list of my top five "thinking bloggers". One website I omitted, in part because I forgot and in part because it's not really a traditional blog, is Michael Yon Online. Yon is a former member of America's special forces, and while he is not a professional journalist, he has embedded with various coalition units (including the Queen's Royal Lancers, as I linked to a couple months ago). Unlike other "journalists" embedded in Iraq who ignore the important stories, or never leave their hotels, Yon is out there, on the ground, regularly posting his dispatches. He's more honest about the risks and the dangers of our operations in Iraq than most journalists (in large part because he's actually there, where the action is happening), but he also gives real, tangible evidence to demonstrate that the situation is improving more than any of the so-called experts want to admit. I highly recommend his site, as it's one of few that I've become actively interested in.

I've mentioned my "Major League Infidel" shirt several times on this blog. I just found out a couple of days ago that they're now making it in tan. I plan to order a tan one tomorrow. I've also received the shirts I noted in a post last week, and I'm really satisfied with them. I may try to get a couple of pictures one of these days for all to see.

I saw an interesting article on MSN yesterday, which is saying something since I usually think that their "articles" are absolute rubbish. It's about what a person's car says about their personality. I ran through a few of them, and I have to say that their appraisal of me (SUV owners) is pretty much right on: organized, prepared for just about anything, ready for both emergencies and spontaneous adventure.

In the next couple of days, I'll put together the two completed halves of my article on Germany and Japan, and post the complete version on here. In the mean time, stay safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home