07 September 2007

Arbeit Macht Freitag... im Alten Dominion!

Hey folks. I have no clue whether or not I conjugated that post title correctly.

* * *

I've been compiling news stories since I got here, and eventually I'll get around to posting news reviews again, but one story stands out: the release of the first bin Laden video since just before the 2004 presidential election. The video has bin Laden citing recent events, notably the election of Nicholas Sarkozy in France (which in turn indicates that the video was produced after May of this year). The video makes no direct threats, tries to brag up the supposed success of al Qaeda in Iraq (readers of Michael Yon know better), and implores Americans to abandon democracy and capitalism in favor of Islam.

As far as I'm concerned, the real news is that American troops were so close to bin Laden in the Winter of '04/'05 that his bodyguards almost killed him to prevent his capture. Without breaking my journalistic integrity and professionalism, I can honestly and objectively say that Osama bin Laden is an asshole, and we will eventually capture him, dead or alive.

* * *

I know that I'm always the guy who rants against YouTube; and true to form, I still ardently believe that YouTube is not a cultural and technological revolution, but another Internet fad like RealPlayer and that creepy dancing baby video. So, what do I have now?

When I was just a wee lad, I used to watch this show. A few months ago, I found an entry about it on Wikipedia. The show was called The Mysterious Cities of Gold. If you're not sure where this is going, you need to just stop reading and go sit in the corner. That's right, every episode is on YouTube. I watched a few over the last week, and it's still pretty entertaining, though obviously not as engaging as it was when I was five or six.

* * *

Finally, I know I've promised a couple of articles recently. I'm going to attempt this weekend to put at least one of two articles up here in the blog. They've been published recently at another website, but they need to have the source links plugged into them (this was absent in the original publishing at the other site). I have an article that's due on Sunday, so the older two will be prioritized below that, but it's something I want to get squared away and I'm going to make a solid effort at it over the course of the weekend.

* * *

That's it. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home