14 September 2007

Best Video of '07?

I'm already running later this morning than usual, so I may as well post this now while it's fresh in my mind.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think that I've stumbled upon the best music video of 2007. I know, you're asking yourselves, "What video is that, Fly!?" Ladies and gentlemen, I present "Wake Up Call" by Maroon 5.



Having now watched the video, allow me to point out the various points which, once compiled into one video, make it so totally outstanding.

  • Jennifer Love Hewitt (I think?) dolled up like a tramp
  • random strippers, prostitutes, and other hot women, often shown in the video for no apparent reason whatsoever*
  • an exploding car
  • a dude getting shot
  • a car chase (with only one car?)
  • Adam Levine, formerly a confirmed girlie man, kicking ass and smashing a mirror with a baseball bat

    Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this video has all of the hallmarks of a great action film, and it's compressed into a video lasting less than four minutes. When you throw in Jennifer Love Hewitt, this is what Can't Hardly Wait could have been.

    * This bullet should not imply, in any way, shape, or form, that it's obligatory to have a reason to put a pole dancer in an action-oriented music video. Or, for that matter, a gorgeous woman in a bikini who's waving an American flag; or even two hotties who are tied and gagged in the back of a racing speed boat. That's right, this video has it all!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home