05 March 2008

Consolidate

Hey folks! Happy Wednesday! Here's what's on deck for today.

I got eight hours of sleep last night. Awesome. That's usually a treat that's saved for one, maybe two days during the weekend.

Last Friday, we enjoyed an extra day - an extra work day, as the case would be. I fell for the special banner link on Google, and I clicked the Wikipedia link, and was interested to find this tidbit. Interesting that the Romans determined something that the Islamic world still hasn't signed on to. On a semi-related note, I continue to study Arabic, and a couple of weeks ago I came across a couple of lists on Wikipedia that I plan to incorporate into flash cards: Christian terms in Arabic and Islamic terms in Arabic. I obviously have a lot of words left to learn, not to mention proper spellings. It's really interesting to be independently engaged in the same kind of academic activities (flash cards, self-testing) that I used to be forced to do in school. It makes me wonder if anyone else approaches independent learning in the same way.

As I've mentioned previously, I plan to take a couple of courses from Blackwater International (location), which is within about forty miles of my current digs. I want to get in shape for it (and in general), and I was looking for parks in the area where I might hike with boots, utility trousers, and a rucksack. (It would be a bit peculiar for me to do that kind of hike in the car park of my flat complex.) I spent a good twenty minutes yesterday on the phone with Surfer Dude, who's native to the area, determining that I was not, in fact, crazy for thinking that there was a public park in a certain location. Together, we determined the location of two rural parks with hiking paths. This all happened too late for me to go on the planned yomp yesterday, but Thursday should be a perfect opportunity to start. I should also be able to start gearing up once I get my tax returns back - then again, I'm going to have to file them first.

Senator Clinton had strong wins in Ohio, Texas, and Rhode Island yesterday, while Senator Obama won in Vermont. It still looks like Senator Obama will probably get the Democrat nomination, but it's back to being a horse race, and that's a great thing because the longer the two of them are duking it out, the tougher time they'll have during the general election. That's good for Republicans, and as you will all have gathered from reading this blog for several years now (especially Mighty Mo), I strongly believe that what's good for Republicans is also what's good for our Republic.

Otherwise, I feel stretched and overwhelmed lately, and I'm not quite sure why. In the mean time, this friendly neighborhood Super Fly needs a hot shower. More tomorrow, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home