28 February 2008

Auspicious Marriages

Today's theme is marriage, and not just any type of marriage: the tragic type. Today's video clip is the last two minutes of my favorite classic James Bond flick, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, starring George Lazenby.



In the coming year, I may renew my goal of watching all of the Bond flicks. I tried that in 2004, and was making good progress until my trip to England. I even had "Spy Nights" that featured me cooking for a group of people in attendance - nice!

At any rate, the second marriage that I can't help but see as doomed to failure, although I wish it the best opportunities for success, is the alleged marriage (unsubstantiated by any form of photographic evidence) of a kid I went to high school with. The guy originally told people to call him by his online alias (from the days of the BBS): Falcon Supreme. Unfortunately for him, once he figured out that this was a bad idea (probably the result of relentless taunts) it was too late: he'd been branded Falcon/Falcon Supreme for the rest of high school. He found me on Facebook yesterday; I didn't respond to him, but I did look at his profile, and it claims that he's married. It makes me wonder who would see fit to accept a marriage proposal from that guy. Yikes.

On a completely unrelated note, in case any of you (particularly fans of the fantasy genre) had any doubt that terrorists are evil, I present to you Sheikh_Ahmed_Yassin. Now, compare him to Saruman. See what I mean?

Right then. Time to go save the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home