18 March 2008

No Coherent Theme

It's Tuesday. I went for a yomp yesterday, and started work on my article that's due this week for my parallel writing endeavour (this article will be on Chechnya). The next few nights will be busy, but I should have just enough material to keep you all entertained - especially you, Mighty Mo!

During my fourth year of college, there was an instant Internet sensation on eBay resulting from an ex-husband's attempt to sell his ex-wife's wedding dress... By modeling it himself. The guy turned out to be pretty funny, and started his own website. I'm not sure how current he's kept it, but the original eBay listing is still up there (since it was the guy's claim to his fifteen minutes of fame), and whether you've ever read it or not it's still worth checking out. It looks like the guy wrote a book, too - I wonder if it's anything like The Alphabet of Manliness by Maddox?

Military.com has an interesting slideshow on being a military sniper, which is worth checking out if you have any interest in military topics. If you're looking for an excellent book on snipers, I highly recommend Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills by Charles Henderson, the biography of legendary US Marine Corps sniper Carlos Hathcock.

Do you remember the Transformers cartoon from way back in the '80's? Whether you do or not, today's video should have you in stitches. Warning: profanity!



When looking at satellite imagery of Afghanistan, I noticed that the southeastern border with Pakistan features a little niche/enclave, in which Afghan territory extends into what one would otherwise expect to be Pakistan based on the course of the rest of the border. I have no idea why this is the case, and the only other place I can remember seeing it is on the northern border of Minnesota.

Well, it's time for me to fix breakfast and make myself a cup of شاي to drink at the office. You kids be safe now, you hear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home