15 March 2008

Yeah? Yeah? No!

For those of you reading this, happy Saturday. I was going to save this for next week, but hey, why not post it today? As I was writing my post this morning, I came across a video that I'd seen, but apparently forgotten. Unfortunately for me, and probably a lot of other folks, I hate hip hop/R&B music but sometimes get sucked in by a good hook. One of those songs that's actually not horrible is "Yeah" by Usher. Unfortunately, a thirty second search on YouTube fails to reveal a real video for the song. However, there are two videos that ride the line between hilarious and tragic. Here's the first.



Okay, so the video's actually pretty well made, at least as far as the cinematography and effects go. It was done by a bunch of students at the University of Vermont - not exactly South Central, but they do a pretty good job of it for a college production. They even managed to attract some good looking women. The problem? Well, if you watch carefully, there are several scenes in which unattractive women figure very prominently. With several extremely good looking women, why feature a couple of land monsters, like the girl in black who looks as if she's the source of so much gravity that light is unable to escape her vicinity? She can't even dance! It's not like, "Hey, this girl's really unattractive, but she's the best dancer in the bunch." No! And the random nerdy kid with the violin at 3:48? And I'm sure you'll all be right there with me when I say: what's with the big fat bearded white guy, the bottom of whose belly you can actually see under his polo shirt at 3:59!? It boggles the mind!

Overall, though, the first video is pretty entertaining; and I've been a high school kid in a video-making class, so I know that sometimes random crap just sort of happens, and it's actually kind of fun... Especially the white kid dressed up as Lil Jon. OKAY!

The second video, however, is... Well, okay, this one doesn't ride the line, it's just plain tragic. This video was obviously made with no budget... Or talent, for that matter. I didn't know that Usher was a white kid, a flashlight, his momma's camcorder, and a San Antonio Spurs jersey. Behold!



Wow. I hope these guys were trying to do a parody, otherwise the video is a complete and total failure. I know I've already mentioned it, but the flashlight special effects absolutely kill me.

Honestly? That's all I've got. Have a great weekend, folks, I'm off to watch some ----in' rugby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home