06 June 2008

Father's Day Cometh

Hey folks! This'll be a quick post, as I stayed up about half an hour later than I've been doing lately in order to compile a list of Wikimapia links for use as reference material for one of my two novels. In that vein, today's satellite image is a Mauritanian shipwreck!

So, Sunday is Father's Day. I have to admit defeat: I still haven't sent my mom her Mother's Day gift. I'm going to try to get that mailed today. As some of you will remember, I recently sojourned home for a few days, so I'm sending my mom a framed picture of her, my dad, and myself on my last night there (my brother, Twitley, was obviously preoccupied two states away), and a copy of A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini - I know very little about it, but I listened with great focus to Hosseini's first book, The Kite Runner. Since the second book is about a couple of chicks, I thought my mom might like it. It's a bit of a gamble on my part.

For my dad, who gets more mileage out of the Western Channel than probably any other television program combined, I purchased something I alluded to earlier this week: a DVD box set of the Dollars Trilogy by director Sergio Leone, and starring Clint Eastwood as the Man With No Name. I also bought a copy of it for myself. Given that we used to have a VHS copy of Quigley Down Under, one of the greatest Westerns ever made, I'm planning to get him (and myself) a copy of that for his birthday this year.

Today's video is the final gunfight between Matthew Quigley (Tom Selleck) and Elliott Marston (Alan Rickman).



My question for you folks for today, and this weekend, is this: what did you get for your mom and/or dad for Mother's/Father's Day?

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home