17 October 2008

AMF: Frustration

Hey folks. Just a couple of things today - it's been a long week, and I had to respond to a critique E-Mail about my most recent article who apparently thought that the Athenians had more redeeming qualities than the Spartans. My duties never cease.

Okay, three stories. First, UPI has an article comparing and contrasting insurgents, and discussing the juxtaposition of NATO. I'll admit it, I haven't read the whole article, but I'm posting it because it looks somewhat informative, if a bit subjective.

Remember waterboarding, that all of the hippies wet their pants about? I've always been able to hear about it with a clear conscience because I know that they use it on our guys and gals in SERE school (look it up), which is a pretty good indication that it doesn't cause any lasting physical or mental damage (one of the items used to define torture by most credible parties). Well, apparently there's been an order circulated to prohibit the use of SERE techniques against detainees. I'm not sure that I agree with the prohibition (I'm more interested in having options with our enemies than appeasing European pansies), but that should at least settle the matter.

And finally, they've apparently discovered the tomb of the historical figure who inspired the main character in my favorite movie, Gladiator. Most excellent.

Today's video is an oldie but a goodie: "Super Mario Bros. Frustration". If you don't like naughty language, don't watch it. If you like naughty language and enjoy reminiscing about the eighties (like Mighty Mo), you'll love this. Some of you may have seen it in three parts before, but this is all in one fell swoop.



Ladies and gentlemen, have a great weekend. As I was telling someone by text message last night, if I pick up food tonight that can last me through tomorrow, I may have a pants-free Saturday on my hands. That, folks, would be a thing of beauty for all concerned - me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home