20 January 2009

Regeneration

I've been home for a few days now, only a little of which has actually been spent in Hometown. So far, most of it has been spent at the family retreat near the/ocean.



There's no mobile phone service here, so I'm in a unique position of only being available by Internet, which is far easier to limit. It's not that I don't want to be reachable, there's just a certain calmness to eliminating that one element of communication. At any rate, aside from studying some Arabic, I haven't done much in the last couple of days, and haven't really felt the need to. I still feel as if I'm transitioning into this vacation, even though it's already in full swing. At the same time, I feel as if it's almost over, even though it's really just beginning. Odd feelings to have. We'll see how things go.

I exchanged E-Mails with Brooklyn overnight, and she recommended that I look up the song "I'll Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie. There's a great live acoustic performance of it here, but I'd like to share this cover by Kina Grannis. The song itself reminds me of the story of Orpheus and Eurydice from Greek mythology.



That's it for today, folks. I hope everyone's well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home