11 January 2009

The Fly's Productive Saturday

Wow. Today's actually been very, very productive, which is unusual for me on a Saturday. Here are some of the things I was able to accomplish today.

  • Watched Borat, The Battle of Algiers, a couple of episodes of Chuck, a couple of episodes of CSI, and an episode of How I Met Your Mother
  • Wrote an article about media coverage of the Gaza conflict
  • Assembled the jungle cat and idol and the hockey player from my recent Stikfas order
  • Picked up money orders in order to pay bills

    I was thinking about going through my Arabic flash cards while soaking my feet, but I think I may leave that for tomorrow. Right now, I'm listening to the so-called "Voice of Justice" in all its staticky glory, and I think I'm going to go on my second (and probably final) online shopping spree of the month. The other day, I purchased the following:

  • From Amazon: Stikfas Safari woman and jungle cat, hockey player, and assault team; Sports Night 10th Anniversary boxed set, Quantum of Solace and other short stories by Ian Fleming
  • From the Rooster Teeth store: Sarge beanie and Sarge shirt (even though my favorite character is Grif
  • From Tad Gear: Molon Labe patch

    I have my eye on a few items that I think I may order by the end of the night. These are:

  • Hot for Words 2009 calendar, Gina Elise's Pin-Ups for Vets 2009 calendar
  • Chuck Buy More polo shirt and Nerd Herd lanyard
  • Ranger Up My Carbon Footprint T-shirt (Mighty Mo, if you're reading this, I think you should click that link, because you'll probably want to buy two of them.)
  • Sangean ANT-60 Shortwave Antenna

    You know what? I think maybe I'll leave ordering all of that crap until tomorrow, because it suddenly seems like a lot of work, the "Voice of Justice" is more like the "Voice of Static" by now, and I've already been exceptionally productive for a Saturday in which I had no social plans to begin with. I think I'll turn in, more than an hour and a half later than I did last night, and be up bright and early tomorrow morning to start getting some more things done. Have a great evening, folks!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home