04 February 2009

The Fly on Galactica

Ladies and gentlemen, last night I was watching the first episodes of Battlestar Galactica Season 4.0. As a result, this will be a short post, and probably a bit scattered.

Following up on yesterday's picture of the day, today's picture is Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez behaving at pretty much the same level of maturity that we've all come to expect from him. The little beret on the bird is just the icing on the cake, isn't it? Let's hope that 2009 continues a process of Chavez watching power slip slowly from his grasp.

In a recent post, I alluded to an article describing President Bush's leadership, and why history will remember him more kindly than the media has. I posted two such articles at the time, and thanks to the Medved show (where I heard of the third article in the first place), I now have a link to share with you. The trifecta is as follows:

  • History Will Remember Bush Well by Marc A. Thiessen
  • Bush Was Right When It Mattered Most by Karl Rove
  • Bush's Achievements by Fred Barnes

    I recently saw an interesting, if somewhat troubling, article about the state of the CIA clandestine service. It's worth the read.

    I noted a number of purchases last month, and reported on their status. Nearly a month later, the only item that has yet to arrive is the Molon Labe patch. When I returned from [Hometown], I was thrilled to find my Pinups for Vets 2009 calendar with a wonderful message from Gina Elise. The interesting bit was a note in the far corner of the calendar's cover, requesting that I send in a picture of me with the calendar - probably aimed at uniformed personnel, but a bit dangerous when you consider that it is, in fact, a pinup calendar. There are a number of items that I'll probably be ordering by the end of the week, now that I'm done with my vacation. These include:

  • a used copy of No mercy's greatest hits album
  • Utilikilts Knee High Celtic Weave Socks - $10.00
  • Stikfas Alpha Male Legionnaire - $12.67 NEW
  • Sangean ANT-60 Short Wave Antenna - $17.95 NEW
  • Passport to World Band Radio, 2009 Edition by Lawrence Magne - $22.95 (Amazon price $15.61) NEW
  • Mars Attacks! - $9.98
  • MI-5 Volume 6 - $59.99

    I think that there might be a couple more items that I'm not thinking of right off the bat. There are also some items that I want to get for friends, although a few of those might wait for the time being. I'm pretty intent on not going nuts, but there are various items that I either want or need. Once I start making orders, I'll report it on here, because I know that it fascinates each and every one of you. Right? Right.

    Today's video is the most bizarre and randomly hilarious thing I've posted on here since Chad Vader's rendition of "Chocolate Rain": Telly Savalas' rendition of "You've Lost That Loving Feeling".



    That's it for today, folks. Check back tomorrow for more from yours truly.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home