11 March 2009

Behind My Camel

The title of this post comes from an old instrumental song by Sting and the Police. Well... By the Police. Sting hated it, and had no part in it, and Stewart Copeland hated it, too. Copeland played the drums because Andy Summers didn't have anyone else to drum. The song won a Grammy for Best Rock Instrumental Performance - I guess they didn't have many more options, but I love it.

Why the explanation? Because I feel like I'm behind my camel; or rather, coming out the south end of a north-bound camel. I'm not sure what it is, but I woke up with a sore-ish throat, a plugged ear (that appears to have cleared itself), and a general tired, achy feeling - but not breaky, because that would just be annoying.

I spent a great day yesterday with Captain John, Scottish Comedian, and First Mate Annie. Our routes and places visited will be noted in an upcoming (tomorrow?) post, as they're just a bit more than I'm prepared to address at the moment. It was really a great day, though - exactly what I needed. Alright, I'm going to do what's usually best for making me not feel like I'm falling apart on the rare occasion when I feel like I'm falling apart: take a shower. Have a great day, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home