30 March 2009

A Few Favorite Things

I never actually saw The Sound of Music. Is that terrible? I also never saw The Wizard of Oz or Grease. Oh, well.

So, I love America. A lot. And thus, I love the American flag, and everything that it represents. So does my buddy, Gus, and his wife, St. Jen. They even put up a flag outside their home. Gus sent me some pictures of the flag yesterday that he had promised a few weeks ago, and several of the pictures included St. Jen. St. Jen is quite the ham from time to time, and very fun to hang out with. Also, she's a total hottie. Did I mention she's my best friend's wife? So, needless to say, I was surprised, and then conflicted when I scrolled down to feature a picture that featured two of my favorite things: the National Ensign, and St. Jen's ass. Luckily, all three of us had a raucous telephone conversation that involved chaps, and cats (unrelated - good work, Gus!), Gus sent me another E-mail featuring his new front railing, and included this message:

Good to talk to you, ol' buddy. Look on the bright side...there is always [St. Jen]'s ass. And you have the photos to prove it...

A buddy who mockingly encourages you to check out his wife's ass is a buddy I'm glad to have - particularly when that buddy is as patriotic as Gus is! Keep whackin' those hippies, Gus!

The Fly had a somewhat eventful weekend. I'll bullet point it.

  • hockey Friday night, which involved two guys being removed from the ice on stretchers, one of them being a referee whose jugular was apparently (accidentally) slashed with a skate
  • movie night with Mrs. Mike Nelson Saturday night - Young Frankenstein and the MST3K version of Hercules Unchained
  • church, at which time I received a copy of the Book of Common Prayer from one bishop to observe my November confirmation by another bishop
  • lots and lots of writing and link organizing for articles about France and about Afghanistan - probably a total of three articles over the next two or three weeks.

    Alright, folks, it's time for your friendly neighborhood Super Fly to get ready for work. Check in later this week for more from yours truly, and stay out of trouble.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home