14 July 2009

Busy Monday, Busy Tuesday

Ladies and gentlemen, yesterday was exceptionally busy, but exceptionally awesome. Today's shaping up to be about the same. I didn't have time to put any news together, but I want to make a point of saying that I have awesome friends.

I've talked on a number of occasions about Father Time, and my beloved sister Mighty Mo. On the occasion of the week after my birthday, I want to talk about two of my other friends: Gus, and Big Red.

First thing's first: on the evening of my birthday, Big Red, Mrs. Red, and Little Red called me, and I heard the word "Ready?" and then they launched into a brilliant rendition of "Happy Birthday". Big Red is a particularly good friend, because I've been meaning to send him a Legionnaire Stikfas since early February, and finally mailed it last week - so late, in fact, that I was able to send a copy of the Gitmo Cookbook that I'd gotten as a spare when I ordered my own.

And then, there's Gus. I got a call last Monday wishing me tardy congratulations on completing my twenty-seventh year, and inquiring of my mailing address. By the end of the week, stuff started showing up. Although I don't post my "Stuff Fly Wants" lists (Father Time just groaned audibly) with the intention of them becoming "give me stuff" lists, Gus made use of the list by ordering three items that have been on there for a long time:

  • Britain and Ireland Map
  • Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Middle East Map
  • Reno 911! - Season 2

    The only item that hasn't arrived yet is the Britain and Ireland Map, so I'm stoked about that. And the maps are laminated - that means they're bachelor-proof! Fantastic.

    Even from three thousand miles away, my college buddies (save for Rampage, who could be dead and I wouldn't know about it) continue to be fantastic friends. Thanks, Gus and Big Red. You guys are awesome.

    That's it for today, tune in tomorrow for more. Thanks, folks!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home