07 July 2009

Top Eight (of Ten)

Hey, folks! I don't have any news stories to share today, but I mentioned last week that I'm trying to put together a list of my top ten favorite websites of all time. I only have eight at the moment, but I figured I'd share them with you.

  • Jawas Explained - The Global War on Terror, explained in Star Wars terminology? Excellent, accurate, and entertaining to read.
  • History of Israel & "Palestine" - This article is a bit of a polemic, and it rambles a bit, but the history is accurate. If you want to understand the good reasons to support Israel over the "Palestinians", this is the article for you.
  • Aliens Cause Global Warming - This is a great speech that was delivered by the late Michael Crichton. If you're a member of Al Gore's Manbearpig cult, you ought to read this article to gain some perspective on the actual legitimacy of the Gore's pet issue.
  • Dispelling the CIA-Bin Laden Myth - Richard Miniter is an excellent author, and this article makes short work of disproving the asinine and pervasive lie that America "created" Osama bin Laden.
  • King James VI & I - If you can excuse (or mute) the obnoxious midi music, this page about James VI of Scotland/I of England is really pretty fascinating. Most people have heard of Henry VII, or Elizabeth I, or Queen Victoria, or George III (may he endure excruciating torment forevermore); few Americans have even heard of King James, or the contribution he had to Western civilization and the Christian faith.
  • Redneck Neighbor - Do you want to wet your pants laughing? If you haven't read this webpage yet, you will (wet your pants laughing). A man discusses - with pictures! - the drunken redneck antics (and "home improvements"!) of his hillbilly neighbor. This thing's a web classic.
  • Black Watch Sporran - A guy discusses the vintage Black Watch sporran he purchased. If you're into kilting, or history, or both, you'll love this, especially the pictures.
  • Moon Base Clavius - The editors of this site have done a fantastic job of analyzing and debunking conspiracy theories that try to claim that America's heroic astronauts didn't land on the Moon. Some of the material is dry, but a lot of it is actually pretty interesting.

    So, those are the big eight, and hopefully there's a little something for everyone in there. In other news, I ordered a few things online last night.

  • Stainless Steel Celtic Cross Necklace
  • Utilikilts Long Sleeve T-shirt
  • Utilikilts Knee High Celtic Weave Socks (two pair, tan and black)

    So, that's my story. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a number of things to get done, and I have to keep moving since I didn't swim yesterday and need to make it up today. Have a fantastic Tuesday, folks.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home